Sunday 6 December 2015

Toys for Tots

It's almost Christmas and it's the time of giving.  Each year, at work, we try to gather gifts to donate to children in need. This year, instead of just bringing in a random children's gift, which is of course always welcome, we've decided to infuse a little fun in the purchasing process. This is how it works:

  • Participants in the Kris Kringle choose a name out of a hat
  • Each person purchases a children's gift
  • The children's gift must be based on what you think the person you chose would have enjoyed as a child 

Let the fun begin! I picked a name out of a hat and breathed a sigh of relief - luckily it was someone I knew. She's a National Trainer in my department and very health conscious - always at the gym exercising and weight lifting.   I thought to myself, this should be easy, I'll just make my way to Wal-Mart. My first thought was to buy something sporty. But, it was not as easy as I thought it would be.  Have you ever been to the Toys section of Wal-Mart? There's so many options! I perused through several cluttered aisles of toys looking for the perfect gift. Maybe I could buy a soccer ball, or one of those baby basketball hoops?  I spotted a little bike - this would be perfect for a little girl who likes to exercise.  But I really couldn't picture my co-worker playing with any of these toys as a child. Too bad they didn't have mini weights for children.  Or do they?

While I was pondering what my next move would be, I spotted Alfie, a little puppy.  It wasn't just any stuffed animal though. On the box it said "Train Alfie like a real puppy" What a perfect gift- a training dog is exactly what a National Trainer would play with in her formative years!

I'm hoping a little girl will love Alfie too!  Merry Christmas little tots!

No comments:

Post a Comment