Wednesday 25 November 2015

McHappy


Have you ever had one of those days where everything seems to be going wrong?  Well, that was my Wednesday last week. Things started going sour the minute I woke up. Did my alarm go off? Or did it go off and I just slept right through it? Either way, I was running late for work. So, I got dressed in lighting speed, slapped together my lunch, jumped into my car and started my typical drive to work. Mid-way to work, I realize that I forgot the lunch I had just prepared on the counter, at home. Oh well, I will have to buy lunch. At least I can have breakfast. I finally get to work and start to prepare my breakfast, like I always do.

Milk, check. Bowl, check. Cereal - hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have dumped most of it on the floor by accident. Off to my meetings I go! Back to back until 2:00 p.m. The cafeteria is now closed, I have to leave the office to get lunch. Off I go to Porta Via. Rapid pick up, and then back to work. I realize I am now 30 minutes late to a meeting! How did I miss that? Time is flying.....

3:30 p.m. - I catch a glimpse of my co-worker Larry coming around the corner, carrying a familiar beige coloured tray with 4 very festive red cups. He had brought coffee for the team from McCafe! I don't even drink coffee, but he put a smile on my face. Suddenly my day started to turn around. All it took was one small act of kindness to make me McHappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment